This community is for former victims, current victims, former bullies, friends of those that are bullied/bully, family of those that are bullied/bully, and anyone interested in the subject of bullying are welcome to join.
It's also for those that believe bullying should be eradicated from society since it is a form of abuse.
What is bullying?
There are a number of definitions for bullying, bully, and bullied.
1. Victim blaming is absolutely prohibited here!!! We don't care if you're a former victim yourself. Victims of bullying (including victims of other forms of abuse) deal with this shit all the time from others in society. We will not tolerate it here. If you do this, you'll be warned to knock it off. If you don't heed warning, you will be banned from the community!
2. Attack the view, not the person. Personal attacks are forbidden here. You will be warn onced to knock it off. If you don't heed warning, you'll be banned!
3. No trolling personal journals and other communities. This includes messaging someone and harrasing them. You will be banned without warning!
4. Personal stories from members, especially if it's "members lock", stay here on bullying_begone unless you get permission from that person to post their story somewhere else. This is a safe haven for people to freely express what happened to them where they don't have to worry about getting harped upon and not letting certain people know what happened to them. Anyone that violates this rule will be warned once to knock it off. If they don't heed warning, they're gone.
5. No spamming communities and websites here...especially if they have nothing to do with the topic of the community. Memes aren't really forbidden to be posted here, but if they resemble some of what it is on Facebook like "Repost or you don't care!" kind of material...take it somewhere else. While we won't ban you if you send us one post that contains spam, we will if you have made a spam post three times.
6. Don't disable comments on your post. You can do that all you want to on your personal journals, but don't do that here. If you make a post that disables comments, the mods will edit that feature before they approve of the post. If you change it back to not allow comments, it will simply be deleted. If you repeat this violation three times, you're gone.
8. The default of the posts in this community are set to "members only". This means that no one can see these posts unless they have joined the community. However, it's NOT manditory to keep all posts on members only. If you would like everyone to see your post, you can set it manually to "everyone (public)" after it's been approved by management.
9. When you talk about your experiences, please don't include the last name of your tormentor(s). I would hate for someone to come on here, get the names of these people, look them up, and start harassing them. Even worse, if word got out that they got the names from here, we might get in trouble for it. So, please just use the first names of your tormentor(s). Not their full name.
10. Views that are sexist, racist, homophobic, and basically holds prejudice or hate against another demographic *are not* welcome here. If you harbor views such as those, go to a community that supports those views.
11. Unfortunately, at this time posts must be in the following languages: English, German, and Spanish. We do not have any moderators fluent in any other languages to verify the content of posts.
12. Please stay on topic of the thread that's being discussed. While it's okay to divert sometimes, discussions that pertain to subjects not related to the thread or the community should be deterred.
13. On the subject of suicide: While it's okay to mention that you're suicidal or have lost someone close to you from suicide on this community, debating the ethnics behind it and making comments about those that have committed suicide is not wanted in this community. If you want to debate the ethnics of suicide, go to a debate community. If you have an issue with people that have committed suicide, keep it to yourself when you're making comments and posts on this community since you may have members on here that lost someone close to suicide. Respect the deceased...no matter how they got there.
Disclaimer: The rules are subject to change as management see fit. If you don't like the rules of this community, there is the door ---->
For a full guideline of what posts are acceptable or not on this community, go here (as it's too long to post on the userinfo)
Quotes: “Some people won't be happy until they've pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away.”― Donna Schoenrock
Organizations: Be a Star Alliance: An anti-bullying alliance co-founded by The Creative Coalition and WWE. Its mission is to ensure a positive and equitable social environment for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation through grassroots efforts beginning with education and awareness. Rachel's Challenge: a non-profit organization, to perpetuate his daughter's example and the two-page "Code of Ethics" she wrote a month before her death at the hands of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Its mission statement is to "motivate, educate and bring positive change to many young people". Kind Campaign: An internationally recognized movement, documentary and school program based upon the powerful belief in KINDness, that brings awareness and healing to the negative and lasting effects of girl-against-girl “crime.” American Psychological Assocation: Bullying-A Module for Teachers
Live Journal Communities: Bully Whips: An anti-bullying community set up for Glee Fandom that sees bullying within and between ships. Rainbows and Hope: A community of Hope for Harrassed GLBT Individuals. We Thrive: A Plural-Positive PTSD support community, which deals with individuals going through all sorts of trauma from natural disasters to man made.
Books: Please Stop Laughing at Me by Joddee Blanco Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns M.D The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander by Barbara Coloroso Stalking The Soul by Marie-France Hirigoyen: deals with workplace bullying Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws by Kate Bornstein
TV Shows/Episodes of TV Shows: Community's "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" Educating Essex's second episode: it focuses on bullying and bullies in senior school school. Anderson Cooper 360: Bullying in Schools that resulted in Suicide.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!